iSikh - Forum

Hello and Welcome to iSikh forums......Please visit the introduce yourself section in our forum to let everyone know some information about you....Thanks
Give us your ideas and suggestion on what you would like to see this time in our camps that was not available last time. Tell us how you want the camp to improve and any other suggestion you would like to give. Click here to give your suggestion.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ramayan ... Remixed .. Is Sikhi 'remixed' too?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ramayan ... Remixed .. Is Sikhi 'remixed' too? on Tue 07 Apr 2009, 12:03 am

Hkay

Active User
Active User
[b]Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Hope you all are good ... I got this email from a fellow hindu friend and it is funny .. but it also got me thinking (thanks to a recent brain storming session with fellow brothers and sisters) .. but is it possible that maybe our Sikh Youth generation today also perceive and think of our history in a similar fashion???

Read on .. and lets have the comments ...

A young second generation Indian in the US was asked by his mother to explain the significance of 'Diwali' to his younger brother, this is how he went about it...

'So, like this dude had, like, a big cool kingdom and people liked him. But, like, his step-mom, or something, was kinda b*tch, and she forced her husband to, like, send this cool-dude, he was Ram, to some national forest or something... Since he was going, for like, something like more than 10 years or so.. he decided to get his chick(Sita) and his bro(Laxman) along... you know...so that they could all chill out together.

But Dude, the forest was reeeeal scary sh*t... really man...they had monkeys and devils and sh*t like that. But this dude, Ram, kicked with darts and bows and arrows... so it was fine.

But then some bad gangsta boys, some jerk called Ravan, picks up his babe (Sita) and lures her away to his hood. And boy, was our man, and also his bro, Laxman, pissed..... all the gods were with him... So anyways, you don't mess with gods. So, Ram, and his bro get an army of monkeys.Dude, don't ask me how they trained the damn monkeys... just go along with me, ok...so it was like..., Ram, Lax and their monkeys whip this gangsta's ass in his own hood.

Anyways, by this time, their time's up in the forest..and anyways...it gets kinda boring,you know... no TV or malls or sh*t like that. So,they decided to hitch a ride back home...and when the people realize that our dude, his bro and the wife are back home... they thought, well, you know, at least they deserve something nice... and they didn't have any bars or clubs in those days... so they couldn't take them out for a drink, so they, like, decided to smoke and sh*t...and since they also had some lamps, they lit the lamps also... so it was pretty coooooooooool thing...you know with all those fireworks n stuff...

Really, they even had some local band play along with the fireworks... and you know, what, dude, that was the very first, no kidding.., that was the very first music-synchronized fireworks... you know, like the 4th of July stuff, but just, more cooler and stuff, you know. And, so dude, that was how, like, this festival started.'

And the Mother fainted.

View user profile

Jas

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Hahahahahaha....This shows the new generation who really dont know what religion means and just making fun of it......Well this person doesn't really have respect for the religion and he doesnt even have enough knowledge about it....so well this is possible even for the sikhi......lets watch out guys for such people....lol....and of course the mother had to faint because of the language and all the words that he was using......This is something that our new generation must avoid.....

View user profile http://isikh.forumn.org

Hkay

Active User
Active User
Yeah but is there any way that we can actually do some repair to the damage that is being inflicted upon our youth by the 'modernization'?

View user profile

Jas

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
well we can do alot of things but it depends on the person....will he follow it or no???

Hkay

Active User
Active User
common Jas .. share these 'things' .. it is essential that we got such feedback from teh youth rather than us lot 'lecturing' them ..

View user profile
The things could be like guidance and counseling but it depends upon the person. Will he follow it or no???? Thats the only question. Well in Sikhism most people themselves dont know much about their religion and how it was originated. I've also seen some people who dont even know the ten Gurus. lol anyways this is a good topic. Lets wait for other comments.

Regards,
Deepak Singh

View user profile

Hkay

Active User
Active User
VJKK, VJKF
Hey!

Welcome back back Deepak!
Like what you have written .. what are your personal comments .. I mean could you relate to the above story and if you were asked to explain something out of our heritage .. how would you go about it ..

come on people .. if you have any such episodes / enicdotes then do share!

VJKK, VJKF

View user profile

Hkay

Active User
Active User
I just remembered something similar happening at our place .. this person once came to our place a few days back and we were just watching TV .. so this guy went like if in the olden days there were TVs then the holy people in our past would have just done tehj 'preaching' during the day to come back and lounge infront of the TV!! This is def a highly edited version .. but the gist of this is that people worldwide seem to be loosing the respect for God .. and we seriously - in our own small ways' need to make some sort of effort and try and change this trend.

PS: And this comment was passed by a grown up!! seriously!! Ghor Kal YUG!!

View user profile

Tejinder Bhamra

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....................THIS NOW IS WHAT WE CALL "AN IDIOT"......THIS A MODERN KID FROM A DEVELOPED COUNTRY WITH AN UNDEVELOPED MIND...LOL...ALL I SAY IS THAT IT'S THE PARENTS FAULT.....IF THEY WOULD HAVE GUIDED HIM IN THE GURU'S PATH THEN THIS WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPEND..... lol! ......LETS HOPE THAT THIS WON'T HAPPEN TO OUR SIKHS

View user profile

Jas

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
So Tejinder what exactly do you want the parents to advice the children about so that they will follow the right path?

Didi dont you think that the parents should also b blamed 4....coz its the duty of the parents 2 guide their kids lives...n i actualy support this topic...guys got no small idea about sikhism....just try doing this....go to any sikh modern guy and ask him any easy question on sikhism n i assure you he wunt knw the answer

View user profile

Mandeep Kaur

[b]wow what a really intense sort of discussion.....true a lot of the youth are unaware of their religion and there roots. thats why we try to make a difference and teach and tell them things through our smagam.
very modern day ramayan!!!!

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum